But first...let me tell you how we picked the winners. Tracey and I each picked 8 entries...and then compared notes. Interestingly enough, 5 out of the 8 were a match. Of the 5, we each picked 3 and compared notes...and all 3 were the same! We each picked an "honorable mention" as well.
Let me just say that every single one of those entries was tremendous. I wish they could all be winners...because they were so well thought-out. Whether they were longer and more descriptive...or a quick one-liner, we really enjoyed them all...and hope you did, too!
And now...for the winners of the MOP Character Contest (drumroll please):
- I would want to be Claire, not only because she has Jamie, but because she has the best genes ever. The woman does not age! She still has a nice arse at 47 (Joe Abernathy would tap that), and I am telling you, that is nearly impossible! (At least it is in my gene pool-- our arses make it until about 18 and then wave their white flag at old man Gravity.) She's also a career woman in a time when there was no such thing, knowing the healing properties of every plant in the 18th and 20th century, from Scotland to North America. Yeah, there are some negatives-- body lice, battles, strumpets trying to steal her man, and Frank from 1948-1966, to mention a few-- but having a devoted, warm, supportive, and sweet man like the Lord of Lallybroch by her side, an impressive, century-spanning resume, and a great body into her 50s... there is no other choice for me.
- I would love to be the girl who gave Jamie his son....Geneva Dunsany. I think of her and wondered what the relationship would have been between them if she had lived. I am certain Jamie would not have been able to stay away from his son, especially in those years after he was released from his bond. Geneva wanted Jamie. He was gentle with her when he bedded her and even though she was a wicked wee bizum, I would fantasize that with the birth of the baby things may have been different between them. So, yea, I would be GenevHO, if only for that one night..... sigh.
- I'd be Donas, so I could have Jamie riding me all day!
- I would be Frank because then at least one of us would be able to answer the question "What did Frank know?"
- I'd be Frank. 'Cause I'm a bit of a douche.
I find it verra interesting that both honorable mentions are about Frank. Always 2nd best, poor guy!
Now that we know the winning entries...let's find out who the winners are! If you are one of our 3 winners, please comment below and let us know who you are. Also - send me an email at email@example.com, letting me know what (1 credit) audio book you want from audible.com...and what email address to send it to.
I will post ALL entries after we find out the winners...and it's up to the rest of you whether or not you want to come clean about who you are!! :)
Thanks again to all who entered; we've had a blast. Something tells me I'll be running another contest again verra soon!