Listen up, y'all. Karen's got a WAY cool contest running over at Outlandish Observations. See details below!
The Prize: An autographed copy of the 20th Anniversary Edition, signed by Diana Gabaldon (and inscribed with the winner's name, if you like).
1) Write a short (no more than 500 words, please!) description of what OUTLANDER means to you. Topics may include:
- How did you find the series?
- What's the most interesting, amusing, or unusual experience you've had as a result of reading the books?
- What are some of your favorite scenes?
- How many times have you read the books?
- Have you tried to get other people to read the books?
- What do you like best about the OUTLANDER fan community?
- And anything else you'd like to say to Diana in honor of this 20th anniversary.
Feel free to add your own ideas, if you think of something I've left out.
2) Submit your contest entry:
- You can post your entry here on Outlandish Observations, by leaving a comment on this blog post. (Please make sure to include your name and email address so I can contact you if you win!)
- By email, to Karen.L.Henry@gmail.com. Please use the subject line "OUTLANDER 20th Anniversary Contest". (And don't forget to sign your name.)
Please don't post contest entries on Facebook. It's too difficult for me to keep track of them there.
Contest Ends: June 30, 2011 at midnight Eastern Time. The winner will be chosen at random on July 1, 2011.
Who is eligible?
Anyone can enter this contest, even if you live outside the US. (One entry per person, please!) I will arrange with the Poisoned Pen bookstore to ship the book directly to you if you win. (The Poisoned Pen is Diana Gabaldon's local independent bookstore in Scottsdale, Arizona. She says they ship all over the world.)
If there is enough interest in this contest, I plan to collect all of the entries and send them to Diana as a 20th-anniversary gift. (Please don't mention this on Compuserve. I'd like to keep it a surprise if I can. Thanks!)
If you have any questions about this contest, please feel free to post them here, or contact me.