This list from goodreads.com came in from My Outlander Purgatory reader "VilMarie" today. I cracked up (even though I will always love Edward Cullen!)
TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE OUTLANDER SERIES IS BETTER THAN THE TWILIGHT SERIES
10. Heroine is not complimented on how delicious her blood smells. Instead, she is told that her ass looks like two ripe melons. Just what every woman wants.
9. When the hero has to rescue the heroine, he doesn't merely have to run at lightning speed across the parking lot. He actually has to travel halfway across the world, kill a few dozen villains, and blow up a few buildings.
8. But that doesn't matter because just as often the heroine can rescue her own damn self.
7. Pirates are WAY better than vampires.
6. The creepy, obsessive dude is an actual villain and not the hero of the story.
5. The denouement involves actual danger, as opposed to what essentially amounts to a Rainbow Gathering gone awry.
4. The doctor doesn't come off as a pedophile.
3. Not one single Renesmee in the entire series.
2. Nobody is sparkly.
1. People actually have sex, and lots of it.
Yeah! for the #1 reason. That is why I never got past Twilight in that series.ReplyDelete
ROFL!! My fav. is #6.....Edward is a bit of a stalker! :-)ReplyDelete
yey! I got a shout out on the blog! he,he,he...ReplyDelete
Carol your comments are great!!! You are so funny! And.. yea! #1 reason is the best. I don't have to imagine the sex in Outlander!ReplyDelete
Oh Marcia - I canna take the credit! I didn't write these. In fact, a few are giving me hives. Carlisle - a pedophile?! Blasphemy! LOL Seriously though - I love both Jamie Fraser AND Edward Cullen and have plenty of room for both of them in my life. :)ReplyDelete
I liked Edward, but Jame is the man. (pun intended) one thing I'd add to the list is that the women, regardless of their ages, are desired because they are women and not girls who don't want to grow old.ReplyDelete
Ooh! I have so much to say on this topic, and believe I may have at some point on goodreads, but for me it comes down to this... Jamie is a man, even in his early 20's. He is not afraid to touch his woman, even if it means he canna be gentile about it! Haha! Ok, I'm drooling rather unbecomingly right now. Ha :-)ReplyDelete