This list from goodreads.com came in from My Outlander Purgatory reader "VilMarie" today. I cracked up (even though I will always love Edward Cullen!)
TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE OUTLANDER SERIES IS BETTER THAN THE TWILIGHT SERIES
10. Heroine is not complimented on how delicious her blood smells. Instead, she is told that her ass looks like two ripe melons. Just what every woman wants.
9. When the hero has to rescue the heroine, he doesn't merely have to run at lightning speed across the parking lot. He actually has to travel halfway across the world, kill a few dozen villains, and blow up a few buildings.
8. But that doesn't matter because just as often the heroine can rescue her own damn self.
7. Pirates are WAY better than vampires.
6. The creepy, obsessive dude is an actual villain and not the hero of the story.
5. The denouement involves actual danger, as opposed to what essentially amounts to a Rainbow Gathering gone awry.
4. The doctor doesn't come off as a pedophile.
3. Not one single Renesmee in the entire series.
2. Nobody is sparkly.
1. People actually have sex, and lots of it.